Street Walk: Wong Tai Sin & Kowloon City
Hop on and off the MTR for this walk, which takes you to Hong Kong’s most spectacular temples that are made with traditional Chinese architectural style. At the end – a delicious meal at the city’s Little Thailand.
Duration: 5 Hours
- Starting Point 起點
- MTR Diamond Hill Station, Exit C2
- Nan Lian Garden & Chi Lin Nunnery 志蓮淨苑&南蓮園池
- Timber structures and water ponds calm you down as you walk through the peaceful landscape done up Tang dynasty style.
- Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple 嗇色園黃大仙祠
- Hong Kong’s largest and most popular temple is home to three different religions: Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism. MTR Wong Tai Sin Station, Exit B3.
- Kowloon Walled City Park 九龍寨城公園
- The park was built on the site of Kowloon Walled City, a lawless den of vice and disease. Explore its history through the small exposition, alongside surviving relics from the past. MTR Lok Fu Station, Exit B.
- Kowloon City food district 九龍城美食區
- All that walking must have made you hungry: get your fill around the 10 streets that comprise this foodie paradise. Family-run diners serve up delicious Southeast Asian cuisine on top of local dishes. The area is also home to a sizable Thai community, with authentic restaurants and small shops selling herbs and spices.Cross Carpenter Road to reach Nam Kok Road.
- End Point 終點::
- Minibus 25M from Sa Po Road (beside the Regal Oriental Hotel) to MTR Kowloon Tong Station