Street Walk: Wan Chai
The weather is perfect for a day out sightseeing, so put your comfiest shoes on and get up close and personal with the city and its inhabitants. Wan Chai is a perfect showcase of how the old and the new are blending perfectly together.
Duration: 4-5 Hours 小時
- Starting Point 起點
- MTR Wan Chai Station, Exit B2
- The Pawn 和昌大押
- A beautifully preserved building, formerly a pawn shop and now an atmospheric restaurant and bar.
66 Johnston Rd., Wan Chai.
- Ship Street 船街
- The chic side of Wan Chai, this area has been gentrified and now boasts of hip new tapas bars, dessert shops and more.
- Nam Koo Terrace 南固臺
- The two-storey red brick building is a Halloween favourite for its haunted appearance. No. 55 Ship Street, Wan Chai.
- Hung Shing Temple 洪聖古廟
- Formerly overlooking the seafront, this pretty tileroofed temple was built before 1847.
129-131 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai
- Wan Chai Market 灣仔街市
- his wet market spills out into the streets. Hong Kong’s grassroots character at its finest.
- Lockhart Road 洛克道
- The core of Hong Kong’s pub scene, the west end of Lockhart Road is decked in neon, advertising every kind of bar you can imagine.
- End Point:
- MTR Wan Chai Station 港鐵灣仔站