Street Walk: Central & Sheung Wan
History has left its trails and sites at the Western Hong Kong, explore the places that witness Hong Kong’s transformation from the old to the new …
Duration: 3 Hours
- Starting Point 起點
- MTR Sheung Wan Station, Exit B
- Western Market 西港城
- Originally built in 1906, the Edwardian-style Western Market has seen many transformations. Right across is the eponymous tram terminus where double-deckers have rattled along for over a century.
- Ginseng and Bird’s Nest Street, Dried Seafood Street 參茸燕窩街和海味街
- You’ll smell it before you see it. Wing Lok Street and Bonham Strand West are lined with shops selling traditional Chinese medicine favourites.
- Lunch Stop: Tai Ping Shan 午餐潮流地：太平山街區
- An up-and-coming neighbourhood, Tai Ping Shan area is home to boutiques, cafes, and restaurant concepts with a young and buzzing vibe.
- Hollywood Road: Antique Street 荷里活道：古董街
- From jade carvings to propaganda posters, you’ll find them here on Hollywood Road.
- Central－Mid-Levels Escalator 中環至半山自動扶手電梯
- At 800 metres long, it is the world’s longest covered outdoor escalator. Get on it and get off at Elgin Street.
- SoHo 蘇豪區
- This lively dining district is packed with restaurants featuring cuisines from every part of the world. Aside from the European stalwarts, you’ll find Moroccan, Peruvian, Argentinian, Indian and more…
- End Point 終點:
- MTR Central Station 港鐵中環站